According to a recent online survey, in 2017, over 62% of Americans drank coffee on a daily basis, most of which did so in the morning. So, it’s clear that coffee is an essential part of our diets as it helps stimulate our bodies and reenergize our brains to stay awake and active for the rest of the day.
Coffee was actually drunk over 4,000 years ago in Northern Africa and South America, which has transformed into billions of coffee drinkers around the world. However, these days, you can’t talk to a coffee lover without hearing about the craze that is Bulletproof Coffee. The now-famous Bulletproof Coffee recipe is credited to Dave Asprey, a Silicon Valley Entrepreneur who has founded the Bulletproof Diet brand that is taking the internet and health-conscious folks by storm.
Here, we will be talking about Bulletproof Coffee, its benefits and how you can make a cup of this energizing drink at home. And by the end of this article, you should have a better grasp of what Bulletproof Coffee is and whether you are willing to replace your morning breakfast with this new beverage.
What Is Bulletproof Coffee?
According to the founder of Bulletproof Diet, Dave Asprey, he used this coffee and diet to lose over 150 lbs before branding it for sale. For those who aren’t aware, Bulletproof Coffee is made up a mixture of coffee, unsalted grass-fed butter, and XTC Oil or Brain Octane Oil. These three ingredients for Bulletproof Coffee are supposed to be blended into a latte-like consistency before being consumed.
The official website for Bulletproof Coffee also sells coffee that is ensured to filter out 27 performance-robbing toxins that are present in normal coffee. However, we think that you can just use the coffee you have available instead of buying Asprey’s branded coffee, at least until you are convinced of the effectiveness of Bulletproof Coffee for you.
What Are The Benefits Of Bulletproof Coffee?
- Black Coffee Benefits And More: Since Bulletproof Coffee contains regular coffee, you get the same health benefits, but you also get additional benefits like protection for your brain, reduction of risk of diabetes and Parkinson’s disease.
- Rich In Healthy Fatty Acids: The grass-fed butter and the oil used are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Omega-6 Fatty Acids. Omega-3 Fatty Acids help combat symptoms of ADHD, asthma, depression, and Alzheimer’s disease while Omega-6 Fatty Acids provide anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Stimulates Weight Loss: Bulletproof Coffee allows you to feel full for longer, reducing food cravings and since there are only healthy ingredients in the drink, you don’t have to eat unhealthy, processed foods for breakfast.
- Increases Energy Levels: While coffee only boosts energy levels, Bulletproof Coffee also contains healthy nutrients which provide you with a constant source of energy, without having to deal with the caffeine-crash after.
- Improves Brain Health: This drink has been found to improve mood, cognitive decline, and anxiety while helping to protect the brain from brain illnesses like dementia, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Tastes Great, Even Without Sugar: Since Bulletproof Coffee doesn’t require added sugar to taste good (due to the butter), you don’t need to add processed sugar to improve the taste. You can avoid many problems that processed sugars can lead to like high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.
How To Make Bulletproof Coffee?
While the process of making Bulletproof Coffee is a little unorthodox, it’s easy to make every morning.
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe:
- Brew two and a half tablespoons of ground coffee with a cup of water. We recommend using a French press to get the most benefits from the coffee oils that can be otherwise filtered out by filter papers.
- After you are done with making the coffee, add 1-2 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil or XCT Oil. Either is fine, but we recommend you start with only one tablespoon because of its concentrated nature.
- After the oil comes 1-2 tablespoons of unsalted, grass-fed butter. The butter makes the coffee creamier and gives it a tasty flavor most people love. You can also use grass-fed ghee if you want.
- After all that is done, blend the mixture properly for 30 seconds in a blender until it has the same consistency as a latte.
- Congratulations, you have just made your first cup of Bulletproof Coffee, now sit back and have a cup of this healthy and energizing beverage.
Should You Be Trying This New Drink Or Is It Just Hype And BS?
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, coffee is an integral part of our daily diet, and most of us require its help in switching on our brains every morning. However, many of us also avoid coffee because of its side effects as well as the fact that it doesn’t do anything for our morning hunger. Bulletproof Coffee changes all that since many users have found that they can replace their breakfast with Bulletproof Coffee and still not feel hungry until the next meal time.
Men and women who have experienced weight loss with this drink also swear by Bulletproof Coffee and its benefits. So, it’s easy to see that the benefits mentioned in this article are some of the reasons Bulletproof Coffee has become a worldwide sensation available in all corners of the globe. But should you try it out?
Well, if you ask our opinion, you should give it a try and see if it fits into your diet and morning routine. We recommend you start with using the Bulletproof Coffee intro kit as it will make things easier for you.
Michelle is the senior most expert who writes for this website. After completing her graduation and 10+ years of practice, Michelle has been involved and known for a lot of her philanthropy work. Michelle loves spending time researching and writing her papers. She occasionally writes for us and we are extremely proud to have her as one of our editors. Follow me on Linkedin