A recent survey of men found that one of the most attractive features in women is their hair. Some men prefer women with long hair, others prefer curly, some short, while other straight. But all men agree that hair, regardless of its type, should always look healthy and luscious. However, what men often don’t realize is how hard it is to maintain healthy hair and how easy it is for our hair to become dry, dull and frizzy because of even the slightest neglect.
And then there is the fact that we subject our hair to chemical treatments, hair styling tools and pollution which can further dull and damage them. Fortunately, some brilliant women have found homemade methods of hair care that will get rid of your hair’s dryness using a few household items and food products easily available in every kitchen. This convenient way of hair care allows for chemical-free hydration of the hair and should be your go-to guide to getting healthy hair from home.
So, here is a list of the top 6 methods of getting healthy hair from home:
1. Egg Yolk & Water Mix
We all have eggs in the fridge and water is also readily available, so this Egg Yolk & Water mix is a great place to start our list as it really helps moisturize and condition the hair shafts for healthy and hydrated hair.
- Just take two eggs and get rid of the whites.
- Mix this with three tablespoons of drinking water to make the mix a little fluffy.
- Apply this mix to your hair and allow it to hydrate your hair for thirty minutes.
- Wash your hair with cool water which helps give your hair an extra instant shine.
2. Avocado & Coconut Mix
This is a great hair care method which helps repair damaged hair with multiple vitamins, minerals and proteins. The Avocado is said to contain oils which act similarly to the natural oils secreted from the scalp.
- Just take one ripe Avocado and mash it into a smooth paste.
- Add half a cup of Coconut Milk to the Avocado paste thoroughly.
- Apply the paste to the roots and slowly work your way to the tips of your hair.
- Allow it to settle for an hour and then wash the hair with cool water and a soft shampoo.
3. Gram Flour Pack
The Gram flour pack will give you soft and silky hair quickly by conditioning your hair and removing any impurities that are remaining. According to the experts, Gram flour is one of the most versatile hair care ingredients in your kitchen.
- Just mix one cup of coconut milk and three tablespoons of gram flour until the mix is smooth.
- Apply this mix to your roots and work your way up to the tips of your hair.
- Create a hair bun and allow the paste to settle for around 20 minutes.
- Wash the hair with a soft shampoo and lukewarm water for maximum softness.
4. Honey & Vegetable Oil Mix
Honey has been used for skin and hair care for centuries with the honey and vegetable oil mix being used to hydrate and nourish the hair for a while now. This is a really easy way to get healthy hair without any fuss.
- Just take two tablespoons of honey and vegetable each and mix into a sticky paste.
- Then apply the paste to your hair.
- Wrap your hair with a plastic shower cap and leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a soft shampoo and cool water to remove the hair mask.
5. Mayonnaise Pack
Another easy method of getting shiny hair is by using the mayonnaise pack which helps condition the hair. The mayonnaise in your kitchen contains a potent antioxidant, L-Cysteine which helps give your hair more shine, volume, softness, smoothness, and strength. This pack is a great way to instantly get rid of dry hair and is recommended by experts the world around.
- All you have to do is whip half a cup of full-fat mayonnaise until its slightly fluffy.
- Apply it from the roots to the tips after wetting your hair.
- Be sure to apply extra to the damaged hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes after you use a shower cap to cover the hair up.
- Wash it with cold water and a soft shampoo.
6. Lemon Juice Rinse
Lemons are a crucial ingredient in both skin care and hair care as the acidic juices help support your scalp’s pH while clearing your hair of damage and frizz. Lemon juice can also help give your hair a shiny and healthy look.
- All you have to do is mix two tablespoons of lemon juice with two cups of water.
- Use your regular shampoo and conditioner on your hair as per usual.
- Then perform the final rinse with the diluted juice mixture and allow your hair to air dry.
Now that we have taken a look at the list of the top 6 methods of getting healthy hair from home let’s look at some expert tips which can help you avoid damaging and drying out our hair in the first place.
The biggest reason women today have dry hair is because they use heat styling tools too often. Many women complain about dry hair when they straighten their hair every day with their flattening iron. So, just avoid using hair styling tools which use heat.
You should also avoid shampooing your hair too often as the chemicals (no matter how light) strip your healthy hair’s natural oils which leads to dry and damaged hair. & if you use shampoo, make sure that it is mild and sulfate-free which will keep your hair healthy and damage free for longer.
Avoid showering with hot water as this can damage the hair and cause it to lose moisture. Instead, shower with lukewarm or cool water which helps reduce moisture loss and seal your cuticles. Drinking water to stay hydrated is also a great tip to keep your hair hydrated and nourished. And of course, a balanced diet is also great since your hair needs the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that your food provides to stay healthy, lustrous and shiny.
Michelle is the senior most expert who writes for this website. After completing her graduation and 10+ years of practice, Michelle has been involved and known for a lot of her philanthropy work. Michelle loves spending time researching and writing her papers. She occasionally writes for us and we are extremely proud to have her as one of our editors.