Papaya is one such fruit that you can find at your grocery shops any time, anywhere. This yellowish-orange fruit is considered to be one of the most beneficial foods that can keep you healthy and glowing because of rich vitamins and minerals present in it.
“The Fruit Of The Angels” was the name given to papaya by Christopher Columbus after he discovered this soft, buttery, rich in taste and texture fruit.
This juicy and luscious in taste fruit has several components in it that can help you keep healthy. By looking at various health benefits for the human body, many cosmetic, healthcare and beauty industries have started using papaya in their products.
Benefits Of Eating Papaya
After years of research and experiments, it has found that papaya is packed with fiber, carotene, potassium, an enzyme called papain, niacin, Vitamin A, E, K, C. It also has many antioxidant properties that provide numerous health benefits.
The tropical fruit, Carica Papaya can help keep your body fit and protein-rich which helps in:
- Immunity Boost
- Improves digestion
- Combats arthritis
- Aids throat disorders
- Develops muscle tissue renewal
- Enhances skin health
- Aids gout
- Improves infant health
- Controls blood pressure
- Aids motion sickness and nausea
- Treats vitiligo
- Eases menstrual pain
- Increases platelet count
- Controls Birth
- Treats breast enlargement
- Increases hair growth
- Reduces dandruff
- Combats Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Reduces stress
- Increases lactation
As Papaya is rich in vitamins, fibers, minerals, bioflavonoids, and antioxidants, some people eat this fruit daily to enhance their health and improve the quality of their skin.
A Fruit For Healthy Skin
Papaya is used in many ways that can help treat and heal your organs. Traditionally, people used papaya to treat body acne and skin problems. The abundant amount of healthy ingredients can help skin healing and reduce acne.
Papaya is said to boost your immunity system combat cough and cold. The fruit is also said to have other minerals such as phosphorus, copper, calcium, iron, and manganese that keep your skin nourished and healthy.
People nowadays use Papaya products to increase the quality of their skin as well as to combat skin aging due to numerous skin benefits that can help restore healthy and younger-looking skin.
Skin Care Benefits From Papaya
- Aids Melasma: The exfoliating properties of papaya can help in treating melasma. By applying unripe or ripe papaya on the pigmented skin can help to get a supple and smooth skin that can improve the skin tone.
- Reduces Wrinkles: Papaya can be one of the most beneficial ingredients that improves skin aging. As per a research, papaya is said to be as effective as Retin-A. The enzymes that papaya peel contains can remove your dead skin, wrinkles and age spots.
- Treats Eczema And Psoriasis: The papain enzymes in papaya cure skin impurities that can help in skin cell regeneration. You can protect your skin from redness and itching by applying mashed papaya on the infected area. To prevent eczema and psoriasis, drink papaya milk daily.
- Reduces Under-Eye Dark Circles: Green Papaya pulp can help reduce your dark circles as it is considered as a natural bleaching agent that can help erase your skin discoloration and puffiness that brightens your skin. Dark spots and acne marks can be reduced from papaya too.
- Enhances Skin: Papaya can be beneficial that combats dry skin, removes dead skin, enhances and hydrates your skin. This is why skin care products such as face packs have papaya to make your skin supple and healthy.
- Reduces Tan: Vitamin A, C, and papain in papaya can help your skin glow. Papaya is also said to have curative and medicinal properties that can help in healing sunburns. The natural exfoliant in this fruit can help in removing skin tan and give you a glowing skin.
- Combats Acne Breakout: The proteolytic enzymes in papaya can be effective for acne treatment. The leaves, seeds, and skins of papaya can help in diminishing blemishes and scars, giving you natural looking skin.
- Enhances Skin Complexion: Papaya can help in lightening your skin due to the natural bleaching properties. Vitamin C in this fruit can help protect your skin cells from harmful rays that can cause skin damage.
- Reduces Skin Pigmentation: Papaya is rich in skin lightening properties that remove pigmentations, blemishes and promotes fairness due to the presence of phytochemicals, beta-carotene, and enzymes in it. These elements can help improve your skin and reduce pigmentation.
Things To Know Before Eating This Fruit
- Papaya should be stored in your refrigerator after being sliced.
- Avoid eating black seeds of papaya as the enzyme called Carpine can cause cardiac depression or paralysis.
- Excessive consumption of papaya can damage your esophagus.
- The papain or Latex in the papaya can cause allergic reactions in your body.
Who Should Avoid Eating Carica Papaya
- Pregnant or Breastfeeding women: The fruit is high in latex and unprocessed papain that may stimulate contractions, cause congenital disabilities and poison the fetus.
- Hypoglycemics and Diabetics: People with such medical issues can suffer the reduction in blood sugar levels so they should avoid eating fermented papaya.
Other Effects From “The Fruit Of The Angels”
- Combats ringworm
- Enhances cardiovascular health
- Heals Wounds
- Reduces lungs inflammation
- Enhances Human Growth Hormones
- Combats piles
- Improves weight loss
Looking on how papaya is beneficial to your skin health, we recommend you to eat a moderate amount of this fruit daily. This routine can help you with above-mentioned benefits, especially for a younger-looking skin. If you are looking for any natural ways of restoring your skin health and reducing skin aging, then we suggest you try papaya for your skin aid. Let the “The Fruits Of The Angels” create magic on your skin.
I am health and nutrition expert and have over 10 years of experience in the health & beauty industry. I am the co-founder this website & currently studying medicine. Apart from my love for health, nutrition & beauty, I love researching on various topics. I Love swimming & take a dip in the pool whenever I can. Follow me on Google+ & Pinterest.