L-Arginine is a healthy ingredient which has good effects on people both overall health and even with sexual health. This natural ingredient is can be found in maximum supplementary pills, especially male enhancement, improving and increasing the sex life of men. Let’s find out how a natural ingredient can help people out!
L-Arginine is one of the famous ingredients that is said to fix some of the major health problems. L-Arginine is an Amino Acid  that can help in building proteins in the body. Unlike many other amino acids, a human body needs L-Arginine that can help in healthy body functioning.
L-Arginine is a form of naturally derived amino acid that is also known as the building block of protein. Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid which is present in the body that produces adequate amounts of it. However, in infants with impaired health issues, this works as a nutrient.
The alphabet L in L-Arginine is a common prefix used to denote the particular structure. This nutrient is also popular amongst various athletes and professional bodybuilders.
A human body uses maximum proteins that can help in building and rebuilding tissues and muscles. According to studies, our body makes all the L-Arginine required for healthy functioning.
If you are trying to consume L-Arginine topically or orally then it can be effective to your health as this ingredient can act as a vasodilator that can help to dilate blood vessels.
According to health experts, L-Arginine is very effective to treat Erectile Dysfunction  and cardiovascular conditions.
As per researches, L-Arginine can be effective in treating tissue waste during serious illness as well as can aid severe wounds.
Not only our body produces this natural amino acid, but this healthy diet and exercise can help in building L-Arginine.
- 1 How L-Arginine Works
- 2 L-Arginine Benefits
- 3 Natural Ways To Get L-Arginine
- 4 Foods High in L-Arginine
- 5 How Does L-Arginine Support Weight Loss:
- 6 Other L-Arginine Benefits
- 7 L-Arginine For Women
- 8 L-Arginine For Men
- 9 L-Arginine For Erectile Dysfunction
- 10 L-Arginine Dosage
- 11 L-Arginine Side-Effects
- 12 Clinical Research
- 13 L-Arginine Supplements & Pills
- 14 Conclusion
- 15 Reference:
How L-Arginine Works
L-Arginine is one of the essential amino acids as it can help in many health functions. According to doctors, this amino acid is present in low quantities in the body and the older you get, the lesser it gets, which is why it is essential o eat L-Arginine containing food or supplements.
As per studies, the ability to improve blood flow and circulation is one of the biggest benefits of L-Arginine. When this amino acid gets into the body, it converts into nitric oxide that can help in opening wider blood vessels.
This amino acid has numerous benefits that include improving fertility, brain power, immune functioning, and detoxification. Another benefit found of this amino acid is, it enhances the production of certain hormones, especially insulin and beneficial growth hormones that can help usher glucose into cells that can then used for energy and growth output. This is one of the reasons why the supplement industry uses L-Arginine as an ingredient as it can help increase stamina, physical performance, and strength.
L-Arginine can help in two of the major aspects such as building body proteins and turning into Nitric Oxide for maximum health benefits.
It is because of this natural acid and it’s numerous health benefits it can also help in treating heart health, improving male fertility, aiding chest pain, repairing wounds and building muscles.
Following are some of the benefits that are found in people after taking L-Arginine:
- Controlling blood sugar in diabetic patients
- Correcting inborn errors of urea synthesis
- Reducing high blood pressure
- Treating erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Growth hormone reserve test
- Easing inflammation of the digestive tract in premature infants
- Treating heart disease
Additionally, research has also found that this amino acid can help in other issues too. Some of them are as follows:
- Treat burns
- Enhance exercise performance
- Heal wounds faster
- Improve kidney function for people with congestive heart failure
- Improve blood flow
- Alleviate anxiety
Natural Ways To Get L-Arginine
The best way to get proper L-Arginine is through a proper diet. This can be difficult and due to which some of the people opt for L-Arginine supplements that can help in increasing this natural amino acid.
It has often found that food consumption might not help you in providing enough L-Arginine which is why an individual should take their health expert’s suggestions before changing their diet.
Chickpeas can be one of the beneficial and good sources of L-Arginine. The natural source of L-Arginine food is high in proteins. One of the best primary sources of L-Arginine can be dairy products, red meat (beef), pork loin, chicken and turkey breast.
For vegetarians, you can simply opt for plant-based products such as soybeans, peanuts, lentils, pumpkin seeds and chicken peas.
Foods High in L-Arginine
- Brazil nuts
- Sunflower seeds
- Cage-free eggs
- Sesame seeds
- Wild-caught fish
- Grass-fed beef or meat and pasture-raised poultry
- Coconut meat
- Pumpkin seeds
- Seaweed and sea vegetables
- Dairy products like cultured yogurt, kefir, and raw cheeses
- Liver and organ meats
How Does L-Arginine Support Weight Loss:
Arginine is popular in demand ingredient in the weight loss industry as it has fat burning properties as well as enhances mass muscle gain. Below points will give you an idea how this works:
- Promotes Healthy Weight Loss: This brings about a healthy weight loss in the body. It reduces fat mass and preserves or promotes lean muscle mass.
- Boosts Nitric Oxide Production: L-Arginine aids to increase nitric oxide levels in the body and as a result of this, it enhances the activity of AMPK which is a protein that maintains energy balance. It reduces expression of genes which increase the production of fat and glucose. It improves the sensitivity of hormone lipase, and this supports with regards to the breakdown of fats. L-Arginine also helps to stimulate the activity of biological molecules that contribute to burning fat using the brown fat tissues.
- L-Arginine Makes Use Of Genes That Use Fat Metabolism: As per scientific research, it has been proved that L-Arginine favors metabolism of fats by muscles. This prevents the accumulation of fats in the fat tissue. Another study has also shown that Arginine promotes mass muscle gain and helps to burn fat at the same time.
- Promotes Increase Of Brown Fat: The human body consists of two types of fat, brown and white. White fat accumulates, and brown fat helps to burn fat. As per scientific research, it has been found out that arginine contributes to regulating the expression of genes and promotes the development of brown fat.
- It Promotes Glucose and Insulin Levels: The human body requires a good balance of glucose and insulin levels to avoid deposition of carbohydrates as fats. Arginine works as a favorable influence on the insulin activity which helps to keep the blood sugar levels under control. This also supports the healthy carbohydrate metabolism.
- L-Arginine Helps To Get Rid Of Stubborn Belly Fat: This compound proves to be one of the best benefits as it effectively targets to get rid of belly fat. As per clinical research conducted, it has been proved that the efficiency of arginine on the abdominal fat of 20 experimental subjects we decreased. The experiment was done for a time span of 3 weeks, and the results were that the waist circumference was decreased by four cms and weight reduction that happened was 3 kilos loss. The results also suggested that the effect was caused due to L-Arginine only. The results were safe without any side effects taking place on the body. Thus, apart from promoting an overall weight loss, it is noticed that arginine helps to target belly fat and get rid of the same specifically.
- Arginine Potentiates The Effects Of Regular Weight Loss: There was a 21-day clinical trial conducted in obese individuals, and these people also had type 2 diabetes. They were recruited in a low-calorie diet inclusive of exercise training. This group was made to split into two groups; one group received arginine (8.3 gms per day) and the other receive placebo. The results were that weight loss was observed in both groups. However, arginine further helped to reduce fat mass and belly fat. It enhanced the glucose profile, antioxidant production and stimulated the activity of relative hormones.
Other L-Arginine Benefits
- Reducing muscle pains
- Improving kidney function
- Lowering risk for arteriosclerosis and heart attack
- Fighting Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)  and Coronary Artery Disease 
- Fighting inflammation
- Increasing immune function
- Improving mental capacity
- Correcting impotence, erectile dysfunction (ED) and male infertility
- Fighting dementia
- Repairing blood vessels
- Helping lower high blood pressure
- Improving athletic performance
- Preventing the common cold
L-Arginine For Women
According to reports, the low amount of L-Arginine in women can cause lower sex drive that results in an inability to enjoy orgasm. For greater sex, it is necessary to have a good amount of libido and desires, and L-Arginine can help women with it.
The other reports state that L-Arginine supplements can be good if someone is looking for some sexual endurance and greater orgasms.
L-Arginine For Men
For men, L-Arginine is said to treat sexual health and functioning. One of the effectiveness of this amino acid is to treat erectile dysfunction and impotence.
As L-Arginine enhances the Nitric Oxide in the body, it results in an opening of blood vessels in the penis, allowing good blood flow in the penile chamber. This results in a good, long-lasting and hard erections in men that allows them to stay in performance for the longer time.
As per sources, L-Arginine was used since early ages to set up a man’s healthy sexual life and resolve all his sexual setbacks.
L-Arginine For Erectile Dysfunction
It has been reported that men have complained about their impotence and are getting treated accordingly. According to the survey, men are usually not comfortable to talk and share about their sexual health with anyone, not even with the health experts and the main reason can be male ego.
L-Arginine, when consumed by men converts into Nitric Oxide that boosts testosterone , a male sex hormone, that results in a boost in muscular growth, increase in strength, power, sex drive and supplies maximum blood flow to the male genital.
A healthy blood flow to penile chambers that result in maximum sexual intercourse with harder and long-lasting erections, resulting in powerful and passionate orgasms.
As per health experts, L-Arginine can also help individuals who are suffering from Premature Ejaculation .
It is always best to know the perfect way to consume any eatable item. It is always considered to get essential proteins and nutrients through food, L-Arginine can be such item that you can get through prescription or over-the-counter.
It is always essential to get a brief of the consumption patterns, while you start using any supplements to avoid unnecessary side-effects or complications.
So here are some of the dosage patterns that can help you with to stay healthy and nutritious.
- 600 mg four times daily to prevent loss of Nitroglycerin  effectiveness that help in relieving chest pain, Coronary Artery Diseases etc.
- 261 mg of added oral feedings daily for first 28 days to prevent inflammation of premature infant’s digestive tract.
- 6-20 grams daily three times a day for congestive heart failure patients.
- 5 grams a day to treat erectile dysfunction. Consuming less than 5 grams might not help with desired results.
The above mentioned are the dosage which is supposed to be consumed as per the given quantity. Taking more than recommended dosage can result in side effects such as:
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic response
This can only be experienced if your over-dose this amino acid. So it is better than you consume this natural acid as per the given quantity.
As this amino acid is said to cure health problems since centuries, scientists have undergone various clinical research and experiments that can help them know the actual use of L-Arginine and how it can help the human body to function healthily.
Some of the experiments, studies and clinical research are as follows:
L-Arginine For Enhancement Of Athletic Performance And Improvement In Recovery:
Many dietary and enhancement supplements contain L-Arginine that can be one of the latest ergogenic aids to result in maximum power, strength and muscle recovery with both resistance and aerobic exercises.
Regarding studies on the chronic effects, eight studies were carried out, where four were reported to enhance exercise performance, and other four showed no change. Five acute studies from the literature concluded exercise performance after L-Arginine. Out of five studies, three were reported to show significant improvements.
The increase in exercise performance, regardless any type of anaerobic and aerobic exercises can be linked with an increase in Nitric Oxide production.
Pycnogenol And L-Arginine For Moderate Erectile Dysfunction
This experiment was done on Japanese patients with mild to moderate erectile dysfunction to find and investigate the effectiveness and efficacy of Pycnogenol And L-Arginine.
As per research, for eight weeks, patients were given Pycnogenol 60mg a day, Aspartic Acid 552mg a day And L-Arginine 690 mg a day or an identical placebo and the results were determined using the five-item erectile domain (IIEF-) of the International Index of Erectile Function.
During this experiment, testosterone, blood biochemistry, salivary and urinalysis were measure. The eight week of supplement consumption saw improvement and observed ‘satisfaction with sexual intercourse’ and ‘hardness of erection’ successfully. An increase in salivary testosterone and decrease in blood pressure were seen too.
Thus, L-Arginine with Pycnogenol with L-Arginine as a dietary supplement is said to be safe and effective with mild to moderate erectile dysfunction in Japanese patients.
L-Arginine Supplements & Pills
You may find a lot of pills and supplements that contain this potent ingredient in them. The most important thing to look for is whether these supplements contain the right amount of L-arginine in them. Our research has found 3 top L-Arginine supplements that are in the right amount to give you the best health benefits.
- Male Extra Pills – Highly recommended for Men with sexual problems like premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. Contains 600mg of L-Arginine to give you best results. Read our detailed Male Extra Pills Review or Buy Now.
- No2 Max – With 1800 mg of L-Arginine alpha-ketoglutarate, these pills are highly recommended for people with sexual health issues and also for bodybuilders. NO2 stands for nitric oxide which is a vital ingredient that helps in both male enhancement and bodybuilding. Read our NO2 Max Review or Buy Now.
- Clilexin Pills – One of the best selling Male Enhancement Pills. Has 250 mg of L-Arginine and is recommended for men who are not suffering from major sexual health issues. Read our Celexin Review or Buy Now.
As per research, the result shows that L-Arginine can be one of the effective ingredients if you are looking for some healthily change and functioning in the body. As discussed above, it is essential that you take your health expert’s advise to avoid any health complications and it would be better if you don’t overtake this amino acid.
Consume L-Arginine as per the suggestion and see the changes it brings in you!