Only if weight problem could have a magic pill that could get you slim in a matter of no time, wouldn’t that be like a dream come true? Since decades, people are trying to deal with issues of excess weight problems and looking for ways and means to keep the body slim irrespective of whatever is consumed. Some scientists have been working and trying to find a solution for these issues by devising various pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals, but unfortunately, there has been no breakthrough solution that has been created.
You will find various weight loss supplements available on market shelves that make promises and claims to get rid of excess body fat, but not all of them are as effective as they sound. Therefore, it is always recommended to make use of natural elements as a weight loss therapy. As you continue reading this article, you will learn about the present facts of a popular weight loss ingredient known as L-Arginine which is a naturally derived amino acid.
What Is L-Arginine?
L-arginine is a form of naturally derived amino acid that is also known as the building block of protein. Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid which is present in the body that produces adequate amounts of it. However, in infants with impaired health issues, this works as a nutrient. The alphabet L in L-Arginine is a common prefix used to denote the particular structure. This nutrient is also popular amongst various athletes and professional bodybuilders. Arginine can help to boost the nitric oxide production in the body. Nitric Oxide is a gas which is responsible for carrying out various biological functions by enhancing the blood circulation and aiding in the functioning of the nervous system. It also serves as a neurotransmitter.
What Are The Vital Functionalities Of L-Arginine In The Body?
You are aware of the health benefits you can derive from proteins, fruits, vegetables, minerals, vitamins, etc. But not many know about the functions of amino acid in the body. Below mentioned are the important functionalities of L-Arginine in the body:
- Supports kidney functioning
- Enhances blood flow by boosting nitric oxide production
- Reduces repair time of damaged tissues and wounds
- Enhances the growth hormone output
- Boosts immunity
- Promotes the antioxidant properties
Arginine is a compound that is also used in the treatment of heart diseases, cholesterol, and blood pressure. It has properties to treat erectile dysfunction in male and helps to treat female fertility issue. It decreases the insulin resistance in case of diabetes.
How Does L-Arginine Support Weight Loss:
Arginine is popular in demand ingredient in the weight loss industry as it has fat burning properties as well as enhances mass muscle gain. Below points will give you an idea how this works:
- Promotes Healthy Weight Loss: This brings about a healthy weight loss in the body. It reduces fat mass and preserves or promotes lean muscle mass.
- Boosts Nitric Oxide Production: L-Arginine aids to increase nitric oxide levels in the body and as a result of this, it enhances the activity of AMPK which is a protein that maintains energy balance. It reduces expression of genes which increase the production of fat and glucose. It improves the sensitivity of hormone lipase, and this supports with regards to the breakdown of fats. L-Arginine also helps to stimulate the activity of biological molecules that contribute to burning fat using the brown fat tissues.
- L-Arginine Makes Use Of Genes That Use Fat Metabolism: As per scientific research, it has been proved that L-Arginine favors metabolism of fats by muscles. This prevents the accumulation of fats in the fat tissue. Another study has also shown that Arginine promotes mass muscle gain and helps to burn fat at the same time.
- Promotes Increase Of Brown Fat: The human body consists of two types of fat, brown and white. White fat accumulates, and brown fat helps to burn fat. As per scientific research, it has been found out that arginine contributes to regulating the expression of genes and promotes the development of brown fat.
- It Promotes Glucose and Insulin Levels: The human body requires a good balance of glucose and insulin levels to avoid deposition of carbohydrates as fats. Arginine works as a favorable influence on the insulin activity which helps to keep the blood sugar levels under control. This also supports the healthy carbohydrate metabolism.
- L-Arginine Helps To Get Rid Of Stubborn Belly Fat: This compound proves to be one of the best benefits as it effectively targets to get rid of belly fat. As per clinical research conducted, it has been proved that the efficiency of arginine on the abdominal fat of 20 experimental subjects we decreased. The experiment was done for a time span of 3 weeks, and the results were that the waist circumference was decreased by four cms and weight reduction that happened was 3 kilos loss. The results also suggested that the effect was caused due to L-Arginine only. The results were safe without any side effects taking place on the body. Thus, apart from promoting an overall weight loss, it is noticed that arginine helps to target belly fat and get rid of the same specifically.
- Arginine Potentiates The Effects Of Regular Weight Loss: There was a 21-day clinical trial conducted in obese individuals, and these people also had type 2 diabetes. They were recruited in a low-calorie diet inclusive of exercise training. This group was made to split into two groups; one group received arginine (8.3 gms per day) and the other receive placebo. The results were that weight loss was observed in both groups. However, arginine further helped to reduce fat mass and belly fat. It enhanced the glucose profile, antioxidant production and stimulated the activity of relative hormones.
There has been an in-depth scientific analysis done and proved to recommend L-Arginine as a weight loss component. However, there are clinical trials still being done to test the Arginine efficiency and confirm on its highly effective role. This ingredient did have medicinal properties as per research and advised to treat various health conditions.