Have you ever wanted to be like those men and women on TV who smile confidently with a perfect set of shiny white teeth? Well, if the answer is yes that we are here to tell you that whitening your teeth is easily doable. And no, we aren’t talking about going to the dentist and using harsh chemicals and bleaches because these are known to weaken and damage the teeth. Here we will list down different methods you can use to naturally whiten your teeth as well as mentioning some major factors that are known to cause teeth stains.
The stains that develop on the surface of the teeth (the enamel) are responsible for causing the discoloration of your teeth. They turn yellow or even beige or brown and can also damage the inner structure of the tooth. The enamel is the hard white surface of your teeth which is often what most people notice when you smile. If your teeth are shiny and bright, you are bound to give a better impression when compared to if you had stained yellow teeth. Having stained teeth can hamper your image and even cause a negative impression on those around you.
What Are The Factors That Lead To Teeth Discoloration?
There are many factors that can cause teeth stains and discoloration including:
- Excessive consumption of tea or coffee
- Smoking cigarettes
- Natural process of aging which leads to thinning of tooth enamel
- Unhealthy diet that consists of processed foods including soft drinks, candies, and even certain fruits
- Dry mouth issue
- Breathing through mouth due to nasal blockage
- Use of Antibiotics
- Excessive intake of fluoride
These are some of the common factors that lead to teeth discoloration. Now, let’s take a look at some of the home remedies that could help you whiten your teeth.
What Are The At Home Remedies To Whiten Teeth?
We all want to get brilliant teeth that are as clear as possible which is why many perform bleaching techniques that strip a layer of the enamel for whiter teeth. Unfortunately, this leaves the teeth weak and vulnerable for decay and damage.
However, there are ways you can get whiter teeth from the comfort of your home like:
- Use salt as tooth powder to brush your teeth
- Start flossing for whiter teeth
- Eat pineapples
- Brush your teeth with activated charcoal
- Eat crunchy vegetables
- Eat strawberries
- Brush your teeth with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
- Eat burnt toast
- Rub apple cider vinegar on teeth before rinsing
- Eat water-rich vegetables
- Use margosa or neem twigs
- Coconut oil pulling
- Use Turmeric to whiten teeth
- Use baking soda to brush after your meals
- Eat an apple a day
- Use kaolin clay
- Brush your teeth after you eat or drink
- Mix holy basil with your toothpaste
- Rub lemon rind on teeth
There are various teeth whitening products which can lead to causing damage to your teeth by removing off too much of enamel. They require constant application of whitening strips that have shown to causing erosion and adverse effects towards your dental health. It’s always best to use natural home-remedies like the ones previously mentioned when considering options to whiten your teeth.