Pineapple water is water that has been soaked with slices of pineapple and should be a part of your daily morning routine. The phrase ‘You are what you eat’ is true as your diet decides how effectively your immune system works or doesn’t. Starting your day with a fresh glass or pineapple water on an empty stomach can have many benefits. It has a number of lesser known micronutrients necessary for your body functions and has the enzyme bromelain and Vitamin C as an antioxidant, giving an increased rate of recovery and healing.
Here are the top 10 benefits of pineapple water you can enjoy with one glass every morning:
- 1 1. Pineapple Water Fights Inflammation
- 2 2. Pineapple Water Aids Your Weight Loss
- 3 3. Pineapple Water Works As An Anti-Parasitic
- 4 4. Pineapple Water Helps Regulate Thyroid
- 5 5. Pineapple Water Balances Electrolytes
- 6 6. Pineapple Water Helps Eject Heavy Metals And Toxins
- 7 7. Pineapple Water Is A Digestive Aid
- 8 8. Pineapple Water Improves Dental Health
- 9 9. Pineapple Water Improves Eyesight
- 10 10. Pineapple Water Can Fight Cancer
1. Pineapple Water Fights Inflammation
Pineapple contains the enzyme, Bromelain. This enzyme is known to have anti-inflammatory properties and has been found to help your body detoxify by reducing inflammation that affects all the organs and tissues in your body. Eating or drinking pineapple water has proven to be effective in treating mild forms of arthritis and sports injuries caused by inflammation.
2. Pineapple Water Aids Your Weight Loss
Pineapple is chock full of fiber which takes longer to digest than other foods. This attribute of fibrous foods makes pineapple an excellent choice for those who want to lose weight without having starved yourselves. Drinking pineapple water is said to prevent sugar cravings. Thiamine in pineapple water enhances the conversion of carbohydrates to energy by boosting your metabolism.
3. Pineapple Water Works As An Anti-Parasitic
Bromelain enzyme is an anti-parasitic that helps you flush your liver and intestines so that you enjoy a healthy digestive system. Sources say that a 3-day pineapple fast helps kill tapeworms.
4. Pineapple Water Helps Regulate Thyroid
Pineapple’s help easing symptoms which are linked with thyroiditis as the fruit contains iodine and bromelain. These enzymes improve various autoimmune disorders.
5. Pineapple Water Balances Electrolytes
Potassium in pineapple water helps maintain an optimum level of electrolytes in your body. This makes your body stronger and prevents cramps and other injuries.
6. Pineapple Water Helps Eject Heavy Metals And Toxins
Pineapple water is fibrous with vital enzymes and antioxidants that help remove heavy metals and toxins from your body.
7. Pineapple Water Is A Digestive Aid
Pineapple water contains bromelain and works to more effectively digest proteins.
8. Pineapple Water Improves Dental Health
Enzymes in pineapple water strengthen your gums and whiten teeth. It also works to effectively break up plaque. Dr. Frawley says bromelain acts as a natural stain remover.
9. Pineapple Water Improves Eyesight
Pineapple water contains vitamin A and beta-carotene which are good for your eyesight. Archives of Ophthalmology published a study stating that eating 3 or more serving so pineapple per day can lower the risk of age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) which is the main cause of vision loss in adults.
10. Pineapple Water Can Fight Cancer
Planta Medica has research published stating that in an animal study conducted on bromelain, like in pineapple water, is superior to 5-flourauracil, a chemotherapy drug used to treat cancer. The researcher writes “This antitumoral effect (of bromelain) was superior to that of 5-FU (5-fluorouracil), whose survival index was approximately 263 %, relative to the untreated control.”
These were the 10 benefits of drinking pineapple water every morning. This simple, effective and refreshing drink helps your body build up your immune system giving you more time to enjoy all that life has to offer.