We all love to eat eggs as we have been taught from a young age that it’s one of nature’s most complete foods. The egg is an excellent source of protein which lacking the unhealthy sugar and carbs that cause weight gain.
There is now some good news for egg-lovers from a study released by the USDA. This study states that the choline which is in the egg yolk is not as bad for you as previously thought. You can now eat whole eggs instead of just egg whites as the choline, which is the nutrient found in egg yolk, helps burn fat, boost liver function and helps improve cell activity. It also helps the transportation of your nutrients to all parts of the body. The egg yolk is now said to have less cholesterol than previously speculated.
Now that we have established that eating whole eggs is a healthy option for us all, we won’t just have to eat egg white omelet all our lives. It’s time to spice up our lives, and our taste buds with these eight egg recipes which are great for the body and tasty as well:
1. One Pot Spicy Eggs & Potatoes: Contains 348 calories of heavenly deliciousness, especially for potato lovers. Potatoes are packed with fiber, Vitamin B6, and potassium which helps glycogen breakdown for losing weight.
2. Sofrito Egg Scramble: Contains 254 calories and is not your average scrambled egg dish. This perfected blend of Latin spices creates a simple sauce that can go great with avocados and a few slices of whole wheat bread for fast and efficient weight loss.
3. Eggs With Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad: Contains 347 calories with Brussels sprouts which are healthy and nutrient-rich that can also help with preventing inflammation as well as giving your digestive tract a good detox.
4. Crustless Veggie Quiche: Contains 149 calories is filled with healthy vegetables and spices that can be a great choice for a light breakfast. You can boost your protein intake and lower your sugar intake if you use almond milk instead of full cream dairy milk.
5. Easy Spinach Artichoke Quiche Cups: Contains 85 calories which give you a high-fiber, low-calorie food that will send your taste buds into a frenzy. This is a great food to take with you to work as it can be a great midday snack.
6. Breakfast Tacos: Contains 222 calories which are a great way to enjoy your Mexican food while staying in the healthy foods zone. Add avocados to your tacos so that you get the monounsaturated fats that reduce your risk of heart disease.
7. Sunny Side Up Beet Hash: Contains 346 calories and is a great way to take in many vitamins, minerals, and nutrients which can help with digestion and weight loss. Beets are known to contain copper, magnesium, potassium, manganese and Vitamin B6.
8. Healthy Deviled Eggs:Contains 73 calories per egg and is made with a mixture of egg yolk, mustard, plain greek yogurt, and spices. Both healthy and tasty for a morning breakfast.
There you go egg-lovers, you have just discovered eight new and healthy ways to cook your favorite food. So, go out there and get cooking because its egg-time.