A Skin Care 101 For Beginners And A Revision For Experts.
Which Are The Signs Of Aging You Should Keep An Eye Out For? What Are The Simple Guidelines For Staring An Anti-Aging Campaign?
We often see so many advertisements for anti-aging creams and serums. Some claims them to be the “fountain of youth”. Are they really? Do we really need anti-aging creams and serums? The answer is yes. Using only moisturizer and sunscreen is not enough. The kind of skin damage is beyond repair by a sunscreen and moisturizer. They can be used only for prevention of premature skin aging. Our skin needs topical treatment as well as internal nourishment. Before you start panicking and buying every anti-aging product on the market, we need to know the root causes of premature skin aging. Smoking, alcohol consumption, overexposure to sun, stress, unhealthy diet and acne are some the major reasons of premature skin aging.
So how do we know our skin is aging? There are many signs of aging you can look for.
- Loss of firm skin.
- Reduction in elasticity of the skin.
- Dry skin.
- Excess of uneven pigmentation.
- Dark spots.
- Increase in dull skin.
- Appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Here are some lifestyle changes you need to make for a younger looking skin.
- Quit smoking, if possible or at least decrease the number of cigarettes you smoke. Smoking narrows blood vessels, which result in low blood supply to your skin. If blood supply decreases, skin loses collagen and its elasticity. Smoking also causes uneven hyper-pigmentation, which means dark spots on skin. All you are left with is dry, wrinkly and uneven skin. Quitting smoking will be very difficult but the results are going to be worth it.
- Reduce your alcohol consumption. Alcohol accelerates the skin aging. Alcohol dehydrates your body and depletes your body of essential minerals. Thus creating bags under your eyes. Alcohol consumption disturbs your sleeping pattern also known as REM. If your REM is disturbed, you have sleepless nights and the obvious result is dark circles under your eyes.
- Incorporate the use of skin care products like anti-aging creams and serums. Anti-aging creams gives your skin that extra boosts which your skin requires to fight the premature skin aging. They help reduce dark spots, dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles, and crow feet. These creams and serums contain various nutrients which help with various problems.Here Are some ingredients used in anti-aging creams.
- Retinol: Retinol penetrates the skin and goes into the deeper layer of the skin. Thus hydrating your skin from within, which was dehydrated because excess alcohol consumption. Retinol is also highly functional in reducing the size of the pore on your skin.
- Peptides: Our skin needs collagen to stay tight and firm. Peptides helps boosts collagen production.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants have soothing properties in them. They’ll help soothe your sun damaged skin. They’ll also help eradicate the free radicals which are responsible for skin aging.
- Make amendments in your diet. Choose healthy food like fresh vegetables and fruits. Include Vitamin C in your diet. Vitamin C helps boosts collagen production and maintain elasticity of our skin. Try to eat phytoceramides rich food like spinach and beet roots. Phytoceramides helps to hydrate your skin. There is so much that can be written here, but you need to find a diet that works best for you.
- Exercise. Take a yoga, Pilates, dance or aerobics class. You can even hit the gym. Exercising helps flush out toxins through sweat, giving your skin a healthy glow in the process.
Skin Care Products are an excellent alternative to artificial skin care treatments. Skin Care products can help in a huge manner by saving us time and effort and yet providing steady but significant improvement in our skin health.
You might think this is too much work, taking a Botox injection will be simple. But take a moment to think and analyze. Making all these healthy lifestyle changes will not only help your skin but also your whole body. Botox causes itching, rashes, headaches and many more chronic side effects. Plus they are too expensive. You can never enhance your inner beauty with Botox but can do so with healthy lifestyle.
I am health and nutrition expert and have over 10 years of experience in the health & beauty industry. I am the co-founder this website & currently studying medicine. Apart from my love for health, nutrition & beauty, I love researching on various topics. I Love swimming & take a dip in the pool whenever I can. Follow me on Google+ & Pinterest.